Challenge wings with Southdown snorkel

Has any one got a southdown snorkel fitted with north offroad challenge wings any ideas or pics would be a great help cheers Sam

the gap between the roll cage tubing used to make the wings is too small for the diameter pipe of the south Down do u crush the snorkel and squeeze it through cut the wing tube so it fits or what and no I don't fancy a through cab yet I just don't know wat would be best cheers Sam

Has any one got a southdown snorkel fitted with north offroad challenge wings any ideas or pics would be a great help cheers Sam

Yes I have a southdown snorkel fitted with north offroad challenge wings on the drivers side (v8). I'll do pictures tomorrow as I'll have to take off the wing top (a few screws) to show better pictures.

Basically it's in the centre of V of the top on the wing (we had to remove one of the wing top mounting plates) and cut a hole in the checker plate and weld a bracket to the cage.

Some pictures

post-1948-125395796582_thumb.jpg

post-1948-125395796779_thumb.jpg

post-1948-12539579697_thumb.jpg

post-1948-12539579717_thumb.jpg

post-1948-125395798603_thumb.jpg

Thats pretty much where mine goes through the wing and fits to the cage.

I added the 2 90 bends's to the bottom so it probable goes through the wing a little bit further forward (to far and the top of the inner wing gets in the way) and remains in line with the cage upright although slightly inboard as the lanes round here are narrow and anything that sticks out the side isn't going to last very long.