paint!

discomikey

hi, my disco is solid windjammer blue at the minute, it is looking a little tatty around the edges, so i fancied touching it up, also i thought that while i was touching it up, i may aswell go for my dream and have it bright orange. my question is, will a bright orange paint show the blue colour through from underneath it? i am going to sand it but im not going to competely strip, etch primer, primer etc, its not a showstopper just an off roader, and eventually it will become a bobtail pickup aswell :D

mikey

It will probably show through unless you do give it a good base.

Also, a full colour change means the door/bonnet shuts etc if you dont want it to look cr*p

I'm changing mine to black at the moment and I've been at it for some week(end)s now!

If you're going to do a radical mod soon, why not do the paint then?

i was thinking of that, but i need to get my engine problems sorted frst, and now im at college all week so only available to work on, i dont think dad would be too happy with me pickup-bobtailing it quite yet, although im not incapable of doing it on my own, he just needs to use the workshop a lot, and i am trying to persuade him to give me one of our other sheds as my own workshop but that is full aswell at the minute.

mikey