Disco 300 tdi / 200tdi central locking fobs

Skanny

Hi guys

I am looking to find out if i can get say 3 or 4 keyfobs that will all work with my one vehicle?

I currently ony have 1 that works, can they be copied?

Its a work vehicle and i am sick of 'someone' miplacing the keys so we all need out own set including the keyfob to operate the remote and immobiliser.

Many thanks

Skanny

Well is it a 200Tdi or a 300Tdi? There are several different answers to the second question according to how old it is and what the alarm system is that is fitted (one or two button on a 300Tdi), but in most (maybe all) cases the answer is no anyway if it is a factory alarm - I am pretty sure that most of them only allow 2 fobs.

You don't "copy" them as such they are synchronised to the alarm ECU - which may or may not need a Testbook depending on what sort of alarm it is.

Just to confirm BogMonster statement that both systems only allow only two programmed fobs.

Single button fobs are user programmable even a second hand one, but new two button fobs require Testbook or similar to program them. I believe that s/h two button fobs cannot be re-programmed as you will loose the alarm ecu's i.d. from the fob. Main or some indi LR dealers or people such RemotKey can supply fobs and program them.

I don't think it has anything to do with programming the fob as such, I think the programming process synchronises the rolling code in a particular fob to the ECU. I couldn't be 100% certain but I am pretty sure that in the past I have reprogrammed second hand fobs to other ECUs for testing purposes; whether or not they then work on the original vehicle I am not sure...