td5 coughing&spluttering

ouchie

posted a wee while ago about my td5 2004not running properly,have put new fuel pump in about 8 months ago since then seems to have a flat spot at pulling away hot or cold,have changed fuel presure reg valve,maf,injector wiring loom,fuel filter,waste gate sensor,have had it at 2 landrover garages none of them can find a fault.in pulling awya after about 4 or 5 secs it then goes like the clappers thank you.

It does sound like a fuel pump issue, I agree. The symptoms do sound like my own fuel pump issues. Is the pipework all OK between the tank and the engine? I know it's a sod to get at, but maybe you need another look at the fuel pump? Did you do the pump yourself? Maybe worth another look, as this seems to be the root of the problem? My local independant warned me of not using LR OEM pumps - said they created problems...?

It does sound like a fuel pump issue, I agree. The symptoms do sound like my own fuel pump issues. Is the pipework all OK between the tank and the engine? I know it's a sod to get at, but maybe you need another look at the fuel pump? Did you do the pump yourself? Maybe worth another look, as this seems to be the root of the problem? My local independant warned me of not using LR OEM pumps - said they created problems...?

yes i did fit the pump it wasnt to hard to do what do you mean by OEM pump thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

was reading your reply there again was wondering did you replace your pump as well and did you do anything else

to your disco thanks.

was reading your reply there again was wondering did you replace your pump as well and did you do anything else

to your disco thanks.

No - just a fuel pump replacement. My garage did warn against not using a Land Rover original part (and we used a proper Land Rover part). Apparently some of the "pattern" parts (i.e. non-land rover...say Britpart/unipart for instance) are known to be carp.

Just wondered if it was worth going in again, and making sure all is OK with your original work...