Running a wiring harness on a Marsland

Crankin

Does anyone have any pics of the harness ran through the frame before the panels are put back on?

I am trying this and finding myself scratching my head on how the main harness runs through the engine bay and how the rear harness looks.

I have looked through the workshop manuals...but they do not really show any detail of the finish product.

To be perfectly honest, on my 109 rebuild, i am not running my wiring through the chassis, nor am i wiring my engine bay the same. The Series III has some of the worst wiring on it i've ever seen, and just leads itself to failures and difficulties replacing. Far better, to run it properly secured along the inside edge of the chassis, Im using bolted on cable tie bases, and a good tough conduit. Im also robbing 90/110 engine bay wiring, and running seperate light wiring down each wing, instead of feeding it through the rad panel, which means it has to be disconnected every four years when the timing belt is done - no thanks!

I'd take the main loom, stretch it out and identify where everything goes. Threading the bit through the chassis is no problem - simply feed a length of mig wire through the chassis and look for it with a torch at the front (or back - it makes no difference) and pull it through the hole with a wire hook.

If its a Series there is one one limb which goes rounh the off side of the engine via the oil pressure switch, through the hole between the block and the waterpump and to the dynamo (alternator)

Most of the rest run round the left side of the engine bay but the fun bit is getting the runs round the off side of the bulkhead right as you have to contend with brake and clutch pipes ad the throttle linkage.

I'd suggest feeding the instrument and any cab wiring partly through the bulkhead first then spreading out the engine bay limbs - then when you're satisfied start connecting it up. You'll probably need a tool to fit the bullet connectors tightly in their sleeves (current sleeves are a very tight fit) as well as a supply of bullets, sleeves, insulators (and/or heatshrink) terminals . . . .