First Land Rover Defender 90 - Advice

JCB59

How exactly do you bleed the clutch after fitting?

asier with the downpipe off, just bleed it same as the brakes...

With all you lot near Northwich, has anyone got a puller for the steering drop arm I could borrow?

I'm near Holmes Chapel.

I have a puller but I doubt its up to it... Mine came off only with a (H&S non-approved :ph34r: ) arrangement of 3 crowbars on 3 bottle jacks and a big hammer...

Mike

hi

for this method you will need an assistant, a piece of tube that fits on the bleed nipple and a glass jar containing about an inch of clean clutch fluid

1. make sure the reservoir is full
  2. laying under the truck push one end of the pipe on the bleed nipple and the other in the jar of fluid
  3. with 11mm (i think) spanner loosen the bleed nipple, doesn't need a lot about 1/2 turn
  4. get assistant to push the clutch and hold it down, you will see some air come out the pipe into the jar
  5. tighten the bleed nipple then get assistant to release the clutch
  6. repeat 4 and 5 until you cant see any air coming out the pipe, this is why i use the jar of fluid as it is easier to see the air bubbles

important - your assistant will need to top up the fluid in the reservoir after every two cycles otherwise you got to start again as more air is drawn in

HTH

matt

If you strip down the rear wiper motor you may find it is the tiny copper bushes that make the electrical contacts that have worn. Why replace the whole thing when it is 20p bit of copper that has failed. That said, you need to find a local place that sells them. And if you do could you get some for me!

Cheers

Blippie