Duff Exhaust

Hmmm next problem....after all the engine work on my V8 110 CSW A reg its now running sweet apart from the blowing exhaust. At the moment its just the section from the manifolds to where they meet that would need replacing. I like the idea of a stainless system but no idea yet how pricey they are and if they improve the V8 sound or performance? Guess as a minimum I could replace the corroded section with a new carbon steel one or the other end of the scale go for 4 branch manifolds with stainless right through.

Anyone any idea of prices either way and best places to purchase mail order? I expect nobody has a secondhand SS complete system for grabs but if so please let me know.

My 110 is coming together but one expression I have recently heard, its a money pit!! :blink:

Thanks Western

So far I have contacted Double S, the guy there was helpful and the upshot is a new SS system including tubular manifolds will set me back about £450. A replacement standard unit for the corroded sections will cost £85 so am pondering whats best to do :huh:

Is your double S system on a V8? I plan to keep the vehicle and on that basis it probably makes sense to go for the SS one which has a same owner lifetime guarantee.

The chap said that a standard unit has a middle silencer and the performance SS one does not and is straight through. I really like the noise from the V8 which is one of the main things I like about the car. Would a performance SS system including the tubular manifolds make it sound even better without sounding stupidly loud?

I guess a small amount of fuel efficiency and performance may be achieved but the clincher for me would be the sound if it rumbled sweeter. :D

Hopefully if anyone has any experiences with swapping to a performance SS system it may help me to decide?

You need to get through 5 standard exhausts before you've spent the money on a stainless one. The standary one on my 110 has been there about 5 years, and is ok, but will need changing soon. That means spending the same o=money over 25 years provided the stainless one lasts that long. Unless the performance increases are marked i'm not sure there is a lot of merit in fitting one, but i'm happy to be told otherwise by those that have them fitted. I'm considering just replacing mine with a standard rear box and making up my own straight through pipe for the centre section.