RRC Alternator Wiring

DC_

Recently got a new (ish ) Alternator from a freindly forum member but it turns out to be slightly different to the one that was originally on my 92 RRC 3.9 EFI

The original one was i believe the A133 (??) and the one from the forum member is A127.

Would i be able to connect existing wires from my loom to this Alt?

From memory from the weekend, i've got 4 wires to connect to the Alt.

Main live wire to Solenoid (1),Small brown(2) Spade terminal(3) which has a feed from same wire?(4)

I reckon i know where the Wire to solenoid goes, and the small brown, and i take it the "W" on the rear of the Alt is for the Rev/tach?

I know which wire is for the Rev/Tach but there is another spade terminal coming off of that too, so.............Would this connect into a suppressor?

I think that would still leave me with a dangly bit on the Different Alt. :)

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Yes, you are about right although there should be only 3 wires + maybe a suppressor capacitor, but that is normally bolted to the back of the alternator.

The large live output feeds back to the starter solenoid then onto the battery, the W is the tacho feed and the other wire is the ignition or battery light ......... some alternators are marked IND.......some are marked I..... and some are marked L..........

HTH

Ian