td5 clutch

ally

No saviour in this case. The clutch will need replacing.

With all of the effort that is involved with getting to the clutch, I would recommend getting the flywheel changed as well. I did!! It will cost a substantial amount more (if done by a garage) but you will probably find that fitting a new clutch will promptly lead to problems with the old flywheel, so you might as well just pay the one labour charge (or just take the gearbox out once) and do them both at the same time!!

Done at a LR Dealer, you'll be looking at the best part of £900 for both. I did get quotes for less, but they only gave a 3 month warranty whereas LR gave me a year and the other garages just seemed too cheap if you know my meaning!! Just bear in mind that different LR dealers will also give you different prices, so grab the phone and see what they can do for you...

If the clutch is slipping then you will have to change it - there is no adjustment on the hydraulic system which is basically self adjusting . Any sign of an oil leak from the rear crankshaft seal ?

As pointed out also you should get the dual mass flywheel changed as well .

I changed my clutch last year but it was the dual mass flywheel that failed - not the clutch .The disc and pressure plate would have done many more thousands of miles .

I know there is a test for the flywheel whereby you measure how far one part will rotate relative to the other ; however you would be hoping for another 90K mls from your new pressure plate and disc - but if the flywheel fails before that (highly likely ) it will all have to come out again .