Indicator wiring - please help

Hello people,

I am rebuilding a 1984 110. Onto the electrics stage now. I'm having problems with the indicators. If I indicate left or right, all four flash on and off like the hazard lights.

The bit that is confusing me is the hazard switch and the flasher unit, 'cause I don't know really how they work. I have a new hazard switch and a new flasher unit, although they have been stood in my garage for a few years.

I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads why this happens and how I can solve it?

Thanks for any help you can give...

Hello people,

I am rebuilding a 1984 110. Onto the electrics stage now. I'm having problems with the indicators. If I indicate left or right, all four flash on and off like the hazard lights.

The bit that is confusing me is the hazard switch and the flasher unit, 'cause I don't know really how they work. I have a new hazard switch and a new flasher unit, although they have been stood in my garage for a few years.

I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads why this happens and how I can solve it?

Thanks for any help you can give...

Someone has done a thread on this and posted it in the tech archive. It's extremely useful and points out exactly what to check. Do a search for it.

HTH

Mark.

as the switch has been sat doing nothing in a cold garage, it probably has slight corrosion on the internal contacts which is causing the problem, you can seperate the switch by carefully prising it apart & clean the ontact surfaces, rebuild & fit to see if it works as it should