ABS fitted?

cp rog

Hi Guys,

Bit of a silly question but; I am currently working abroad and would like to buy a snorkel for my 1996 3.9 v8 Discovery. The thing is i cant remember if it is fitted with ABS or not!!

I have had the chassis number E-mailed to me by my Wife, but cant find any clues online as to wether or not abs has been fitted.

The chassis number is : SALLJGMM7MA155133

The engine number is : 35D12026B

Any help would be MOST welcome!

Cheers,

paul.

It's a 1995 model year from the VIN but there is no way to tell whether it has ABS or not apart from looking up the original build spec, or much easier, looking under the bonnet. It was always an option on the 95-98 model year vehicles, never standard.

You could ask her to check:

Does it have a yellow (ABS) warning light on the dash when you first drive off?

or

Is there a big silver thing with lots of pipes coming out of it attached to one wing?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your help and quick replies! I can't remember seeing any yellow lights on the dash when driving off, OR any large silver thing on the inner wing.

The Mrs is off out todat to pick up Xmas tree, so I'll get her to have another look underneath the bonnet!

Cheers, Fellas!

Paul.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your help and quick replies! I can't remember seeing any yellow lights on the dash when driving off, OR any large silver thing on the inner wing.

The Mrs is off out todat to pick up Xmas tree, so I'll get her to have another look underneath the bonnet!

Cheers, Fellas!

Paul.