110 Metallic Blue

Unless it is a weirdly exposed photo and isn't an accurate reflection of the actual colour, it isn't Biarritz Blue as that is much darker. I would say that it is probably a unique South Africa colour - it isn't a Defender colour that I recognise, but the closest Land Rover colour I can see is Caspian Blue which was available on the classic model Range Rovers for a while, to the best of my knowledge it was never used on Defenders for the rest of the world. If it isn't that then it probably isn't a genuine LR colour.

Here's a Caspian Blue RR http://www.motorbase.com/uploads/ccfs/2009/01/24/fs_0705752001232721307.jpg

Is there a number stamped on the VIN plate for paint code? Land Rover UK never bothered, but I wondered if LRSA did?

[tyre anorak] Your front KL71s are on the wrong way round [/tyre anorak] :)

Unless it is a weirdly exposed photo and isn't an accurate reflection of the actual colour, it isn't Biarritz Blue as that is much darker. I would say that it is probably a unique South Africa colour - it isn't a Defender colour that I recognise, but the closest Land Rover colour I can see is Caspian Blue which was available on the classic model Range Rovers for a while, to the best of my knowledge it was never used on Defenders for the rest of the world. If it isn't that then it probably isn't a genuine LR colour.

Here's a Caspian Blue RR http://www.motorbase.com/uploads/ccfs/2009/01/24/fs_0705752001232721307.jpg

Is there a number stamped on the VIN plate for paint code? Land Rover UK never bothered, but I wondered if LRSA did?

[tyre anorak] Your front KL71s are on the wrong way round [/tyre anorak] :)

Hi,

There is no number stamped on the vin plate its never that easy :lol:

My local paint shop had no chips either to match it, so i think its probably unique to LRSA.

Caaspian Blue is quite close i think, well put it this way thats what its going to get next time :rolleyes:

Ref front tyres, does it make that much difference? but i will swap them round if it does.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Keith