rear door hinge

bobtail4x4

well having swapped rear doors on a 95 disco yesterday i can tell you its very simple there are 3 bolts holding the hinge to the bodywork and 2 holding the hinge to the rear door it'll be handy if you have a friend to help and hold the door etc while you line everything up as its a heavy item

I know this sounds really stupid, but it is a good idea to take off the spare wheel..................

(Said the man who didn't the first time he did this)

Makes the job MUCH easier - and gives you the chance to grease the bolts holding it on so when you really need it...............

and i'll add my thoughts slightly off-topic.....

If anyone ever thinks a D2\TD5 door will fit a D1 - despite what they read anywhere - it wont!...

Whilst the door actually bolts on and looks the same, the mechanisms, inner framework, & curvature of the door will differ making it a nigh-on impossible succesfull exchange without rediculous re-engineering.

I know, i read on a lesser forum this was possible and tried it....unsuccesfully :angry: