93 200TDi Clutch Adjustment Help

CosZuki

OK my Disco has started slipping clutch symptoms now in third and fourth, i have just arrived in the french alps and will be doing a little bit of up and down driving. New clutch was fitted in June. As some will know I be new bod to this LR field. My Disco was broken into and few bits robbed including my Haynes book of lies :huh:

Do you think it will help to adjust the clutch? action has been a little high on the pedal according to some of my LR minded friends. I have just driven from Finland down to here but was mostly easy motorway driving but never noticed anything on route even when giving it what beans it has to pass things.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated, also any tips for what to do with the old girl for all this alpine driving and conditions.

The only adjustment on my 94 is on the pedal which would not affect the clutch itself. They may have forgotten to fit the packing plate under the slave cylinder though, which may be stopping the clutch plate engaging fully (unlikely) but it sounds like a new clutch required (sorry).

if it is the paqcker missing, as a bodge you could remove the slave cylinder and put washers between the cylinder and the bell housing ot move the piston further from the actuating arm and hopefully give enough clearance to allow the clutch to enage fully - assuming ofcourse this is the problem in the first place.

Or as an even bigger bodge slacken off the bolts and hoe they don't vibrate out!

^^^ What he said , do you have a wading bung in the flywheel housing? , if the rear main is leaking and the bung is in oil mist could well cause this...

blooming pain if it is the clutch after such a short time.

I'd def pop the slave off to see if its pressurised- ie loading the release arm, its a remote possibility that the flexy pipe has an obstruction thats not allowing full pressure release...

Cheers

Steveb

The 200 series discos have a cam to adjust the pedal position, the clutch and brake should be at the same height at rest, so if they are then the pedal is correct.

I'd agree with the comments on the oil mist contaminating the clutch lining, or the pipe collapsing internally and acting a bit like a 1 way valve.

Thinking about it, i left the shim off when i fitted the new slave to mine, i hope it doesnt cause any issues :/

cheers guys will set about it the morra in daylight, been up an down the mountain again today and no slippage?? but was driving super cautious now. i really hope its something simple!! dont fancy ripping it to bits in minus a plenty! luckily i do havea spare friction plate.