PTO For a prop to a rear mounted winch

carl hurst

If you machine one I'm interested in a unit to drive a hydraulic pump.

I know of the Maxi Drive units, but they seem hard to find now that Maxi Drive has ended it's business.

PM Saley, he had/has one for a pump a while back,

I have had a bit of a search but not much turned up,

Carl.

I am looking for a pto unit to go on a LT230 trans box to drive a prop to a rear mounted winch, does one exist or am i going to have to machine one up,

Any help appreciated,

Carl.

Yes, I'm certain they do exist.

I can't give you chapter and verse about all the different gearboxes, but as I'm currently interested in Series PTOs these devices fall to the category of close, but not close enough.

Remember that when you see them they will generally have a two or three groove pulley for V belts, but these pulleys (in my experience) simply bolt onto a flat flange.

What you should expect to fabricate is the steady bearing for the rear end of the shaft, which you will probably have to modify to length anyway, from a standard shaft.

Regrettably I don't appear to have kept the URL for the LR UK Forum thread I took these pictures from. They are all of the same unit, to drive a hydraulic pump.

post-118-126098030817_thumb.jpg post-118-126098032279_thumb.jpg post-118-126098033965_thumb.jpg post-118-126098035644_thumb.jpg

Yes,Superwinch make them for lt230.Not that common second hand,and very expensive new - they have a simple output flange with bolt holes.Best bet would be finding one from an ex-utilities landrover dealer,many were used to drive generators.

If you want a new one and can't get any sense out of Superwinch,try phoning Rotec (01823 348900) and ask to speak to Richard.

They fit out all the south west utilities landrovers for Superwinch.

Hi Carl

I´ve found the PTO for the LT 230 secondhand on Ebay.

In my search for PTO I have within the last 6 months stumpled upon a turkish dealer, who makes PTO for the LT 230, can´t remember the name of the dealer thou, but try Google for PTO.

What kind of winch are you gonna use ?

Cheers

Morten

Hi Carl

I´ve found the PTO for the LT 230 secondhand on Ebay.

In my search for PTO I have within the last 6 months stumpled upon a turkish dealer, who makes PTO for the LT 230, can´t remember the name of the dealer thou, but try Google for PTO.

What kind of winch are you gonna use ?

Cheers

Morten

Hi,

I have seen the turkish PTO, not got any info from them yet, spoke to D&G today for info on theres, so the search goes on,

The winch is of a gaz66 military truck i think,

Carl.

Hi,

I have seen the turkish PTO, not got any info from them yet, spoke to D&G today for info on theres, so the search goes on,

The winch is of a gaz66 military truck i think,

Carl.

What did D&G say about theirs? was it £££££? or was it not suitable for your application? looks like a nice piece of kit

What did D&G say about theirs? was it £££££? or was it not suitable for your application? looks like a nice piece of kit

It is made for this application, dieter is emailing me info on it and pics of ones they have fitted to trucks, cost approx 1000.00 euro.

Carl.