Engine Pre-Heater How could I make this work?

With a V8??? You should get heat in a few minutes, at idle.

Check that you thermostat is not leaking and the heater is setup correctly.

My 110 is a TD5 takes a year to heat up, to full temp!!

I used my old style Kenlowe Hotstart (the type where both pump and hating unit are contained in one rectangular aluminium housing). It takes about 45 minutes to reach its maximumum temperature, which is on the border between the cold and normal sectors on the dash gauge. It's enough that the demisters work very effectively immediately and the cabin warms up the moment the fan is activated. the problem is that it can only be used where you have electrical power access - the fuel vurning types are quicker, more powerful and more flexible, being useable anywhere, including keeping the car warm safely and efficiently while you're waiting or sleeping inside it.

The more I look into it the more I think that the answer is a Diesel powered heater (water), Just read a thread on the international forum that shows the TD5 fuel pump has a take off pipe for a heater so guess thats where I get the feed from, still think I will also go down the heated screen route. once up to temp inside gets warm so don't want to get a d2 type just to heat up the cab.

Cheers for all the feedback, Jason.