TD5 non starter / tow started / now starts ..?

Hi All,

Parked up my TD5 last week, was driving fine. Went out to her the next morning lots of snow and it just spun over and over.. till it ran out of battery.

Couldn't get it off of my drive do to ice / snow so left it till today. Tow started no problem, drove it around for a while turned off and started ok.

Left it a little while to load some tools and it started after a struggle...??

Need it for work in the morning and feel it won't start and have my trailer hitched up too now so tow starting will be fun..

Any ideas as to what to check...?

Cheers

Dave..

Could have been that the diesel was waxy and the fuel pump overloaded by the thick diesel? Now fuel pump on it's way out? Does it run for 10 seconds while it purges? Is it nisier than it used to be?

Hi Nick,

It's always have a very noisy fuel pump the 2x years I've owned it, and I'd say it does seem louder... It didn't start yesterday morning and I haven't had time to have a look as yet..

I've ordered a set of glow plugs, think I'll replace the fuel filter too.

Then onto a replacment fuel pump...

cheers

Dave..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Changed all 4x glow plugs, not one of the old ones worked.. Still didn't start..!

Changed fuel filter.. Still no go...!!

Turns out it was the battery after all, strange though as it turned over good n strong, I believe it has a low cell so voltage was to low for the ecu...?

So all is well and I love the old girl again.....

Hope this may be of help to some one in the future...

Cheers

Dave..