Rear Wiper Fault - RRC

Lenny

From memory (my RRC is sadly no more :( ), I don't think there is any. The loom goes up the driver's A pillar and along the roof to the motor at the back.

Stating the obvious :) , but have you a) checked for a blown fuse and b) checked to see if the motor is geting 12V?

Thanks. Can the rearwiper gears cease?

This is a small job i've been meaning to complete - the rearwiper failed (vehicle been stored)so after i gave the blade a small pull by hand - an intermittent "croaking" sound developed whilst driving so removed the fuse from passenger side box -

Is there a relay anywhere?

After removing the correct fuse - the rear screen heater and washpump have now stopped - the wiring for the rear washpump is behind the screenwash bottle.

Bish is correct with his description of where the wiring goes ^^^^

One other thing to note is the pin switch at the top of the tailgate inhibits the wiper action, IIRC, to stop it shoving the arm through the glass... I know one of my cars had this, I think it was the RangieĀ  :unsure:

Rear wiper on mine won't work if; any door is open (including tailgate), or if the interior light is switched on. Obviously it's inhibited by the interior light circuit.

Oddly enough my rear wiper packed up recently, I had a spare motor for some reason, swapping it out cured the problem.

It's a bit of a bitch to change. The gutter gets right in the way. Wiring is ona 3 pin plug tucked up out the way, plus a ring terminal for ground.