Closest place to Swindon with snow

smokinv8

Looking to go out and do some greenlanes tomorrow but struggling with ideas, so thought I'd ask you lot if there is anywhere near(ish) to Swindon (Wiltshire)where I can find some snow? Lovin the pictures of North Wales but I cant go that far!......um.....can I?....should I..... :unsure:

Neil, you working tomorrow? We're going out again! PM me if you want any details!

Yeah I am :(

Your off out greenlaning and my other mates are off to Compton Bassett for the day, why do I work for myself! :angry:

Anyone wanna buy a petstore? ;)

There are a few of us that meet first Tuesday of the month at the GAS sports and social club. Next door to Wickes in swindon. Next meeting is this tuesday, 7:30. Then a laning trip the sunday after.

Hi again im just looking to have a bit of fun with likeminded people, used to green lane in a series 1 v8 but now have a disco but dont really want to trash it!!!! as i use it every day and for work, but if i get into it a bit more may buy a bob tailed rangie? where do you usually go playing?

"Any good clubs" is subjective... but as Ross already said we meet once a month, and plan a trip out for the Sunday following. It is good if you just want a chat and a beer, and some time out in the countryside, but if you're after a competition-style or real mudplugger group then we're not it! Come along on Tuesday if you can make it... 7:30pm. ;)

As for today, there was a light sprinkling of snow and ice which made it very difficult to get through some sections where my (road standard except the tyres) Disco grounded three times! At least I left the day with the muddiest car!! :)

Thanks as always, to John for leading the group.

"Any good clubs" is subjective... but as Ross already said we meet once a month, and plan a trip out for the Sunday following. It is good if you just want a chat and a beer, and some time out in the countryside, but if you're after a competition-style or real mudplugger group then we're not it! Come along on Tuesday if you can make it... 7:30pm. ;)

As for today, there was a light sprinkling of snow and ice which made it very difficult to get through some sections where my (road standard except the tyres) Disco grounded three times! At least I left the day with the muddiest car!! :)

Thanks as always, to John for leading the group.

No nothing toooo serious!! ive got a S plate 300 tdi with general AT2s just looking for a bit of fun, its too good to trash! just want to give her a bit of a work out, where abouts in swindon is that? north, south? east, west? im in Hungerford.

Whats your general location for out and about days?

It is on the east side of Swindon... if you head up the A419 (from M4 J15) to the A420 turn off, then head towards Swindon (Greenbridge) you're almost there.

If you look at this link, you'll see Gipsy Lane (with no less than three B4143 signs on it!), the Gas Club is on the roundabout beneath the middle of those three signs.

Google Map

We are normally out around your area too, Aldbourne/Lambourne/Marlborough way, or otherwise down to the Plain.

• 1 year later...

To all u YOU Swindon 4x4 nuts in 3 weeks I will be get back out in my truck and wanting to get muddy

so hopeing to meet at the gas works as I'm new to Swindon ish and have no 4x4 buds to go out with

hope to c SEE u YOU all soon I now 4 some good lanes

Richard

Edited by headhunter
No text speak please!