suspension block lift

hi,

on my 90 i have a 2" lift kit with bearmach blue spring. they are wicked, nice n flexi and great off raod, but due to them being soft, after i put my winch on the front it now sits low (just over an inch lower than the back) so was going to put a 1" block under the bottom.

this would mean a 3" lift on the front and 2" on the back (although it will sit level)

what else needs to be changed? radius arms? prop? (what kind - wide angle or double carden)and can i get away with just changing the front as the back will still only have a 2" lift? anything else?

also needs doing on the cheap really, so where is the best place to get these from if i need them. (i hope i dont, but guessing i will :( )

thanks,

Pete

Did you have any problems with the handling or vibration from the propshafts before you put the winch on?

If not, as all you are doing is returning the ride height to what it was prior to the winch being fitted it should be the same as it was before the winch was fitted.

It will still only be a 2" lift as all you are doing is raising the height by the amount the springs got compressed by the weight of the winch.

ie it was a 2" lift which (by fitting the winch) you reduced to a 1" lift, so by fitting 1" spacers you will be returning it to a 2" lift.

HTH

Pete.

or can i use caster correction bushes instead of cranking the arms...

whats better and is it worth the price difference?

thanks

At an effective 1" lift I wouldn't bother doing anything, at 2" too.

I have an advertised 40mm lift on the front, 25mm actual with the hydraulic winch, and there is no noticeable worsening of centring, cornering, tyre wear, etc.

Anyway, nose down slightly helps the water drain off the roof, and it also sits level when loaded in the back!