Frozen washers (again)

hattymender

would prevent my washer jets from freezing & would mean I don't have to bodge make one

Hmmm, Would anyone else be interested? Have to do a bit of testing first mind!

(thinks, what are we letting ourselves in for - I wonder if SimonR wants to branch out into the "Xjet ;) )

Why thank you :D I have to use the Physics qualifications for something, otherwise it'd be a waste...

Happy to be of some help, albeit fairly thoretical*:huh:

* I have an O-level in big hammers, but they didn't offer it as an A-level :(

Oh hammers ! I love hammers.... and grinders ..... and welders :)

Could this resistive wire be wound around the washer jet unit neatly to prevent freezing ?

Hmmm, Would anyone else be interested? Have to do a bit of testing first mind!

(thinks, what are we letting ourselves in for - I wonder if SimonR wants to branch out into the "Xjet ;) )

Something that works without currently thumping it or swearing a lot would be a first on my 90.

Certainly interested in "experimenting" with the idea.

Cheers

Sean

If wrapping the resistance wire around the pipe provides poor transfer to the washer fluid could the wire be passed down the inside of the tube?

Steve

I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking that the washer tube must run along the top of the heater duct inside the cab for some distance, and that is can be made to be full of warmish air...

That would just leave the washer jet head, which, as the post #41 in this thread shows, aint that hard (resistor values permitting :D ).

I will buy a front jet and do some thinking (though use of the -18oC test cabinet will take some negotiation with SWMBO ...)