Which winch,and bumper?

milliejasper1111

Ive been looking into winches and bumpers for my 98 300tdi, there seems to be so many winches on the market these days!

Im looking at a middle of the road price, about 3-4 hundred quid mark, as with the bumper i would like one with the wrap around ends to keep it looking neat, again about 2-3 hundred quid.

Any ideas.......??? and its got air con does this make it a problem? ta!

hi mate ive had plenty off the cheap winches, like champion, t max, etc they dont last,

id got for a warn 8274, if you look around you can pick up a sencond hand 1 for 300 or 400 pounds, i got mine for 300, and it will out perform any of the cheaper winches and out last them,

you will have to get a proper bumper just for the warn 8274

i also rate super winch these are another good winch

cheers hope this helps abit, ta

I got my winch bumper from winch solutions at the last driffield show, it was £200 i think, looks good, fits well and wraps round the sides, got 2 swivel recovery eyes as well. Made with thick old metal too. Got it with a warn xd9000 winch, which i was given (just needed a remote) and that's really good for pay and play days, nothing too serious. I think you can pick them up for around 300. I know somebody with a britpart winch (12000lb) got plenty of pull but its painfully slow!