hoses

Spongie2a

Q: what Diameter hose is required for Radiator Top/Bottom hoses and Intercooler Top/Bottom hoses on a 200Tdi Disco into series set up?

Planning on using convoluted hose for cooling and straight silicon hose with steel formed pipes for the intercooler.

Ta

Which radiator are you using? I've got a series 3 rad in mine and used two standard bottom hoses for the top hose and a flexi from halfords for the bottom 45mm diameter I think.Intercooler just measure the outlets/turbo outlet Angus

I would wait until you get the engine bolted up to the gearbox in the chassis before spending any more money!!! (search posts by "rjblank" as there's loads of great ideas there)Also google "200di conversion" As you may need to move studs about in bell housing.I spent thousands doing mine but with time and a bit of effort could have spent only hundreds so dont rush to spend your dosh ;) Angus

I got the 38mm diameter water pipe i required from unipart. They may have the size of pipe you require?

Cheers, the nice man sent me a text to say my engine is on its way and should be here either Thursday or Friday... so now I have but to wait...

absolutely positive the bottom is....you've got me unsure about the top now....I've just made a custom thermostat top housing to 35mm for my disco conversion...

...wait while goes to check it fits the new top hose...

...yup, 35mm bore pipe for top :)

i cant remember, it was over 6 months ago that i fitted the v8! :P

still, unipart for the pipe and because it doesnt bend very well 90 degree copper bends help, or something suitable. i got a few 90 degree stainless steel weld in bends from a local pipe place which seem to do the job quite well.