Fitting Odyssey batteries in a Standard 300TDi Battery Box

As the title says really, I have a 300TDi 90 with a standard battery box. It already has a PC2150 leisure battery in it and the other 'normal' battery is suffering from the weather, so I want to replace it.

I got a PC1500 from my factors today, but they provided one with side terminals which is just too wide at 177.5mm. So I am going to take it back tomorrow, but just noticed that a PC1700 at 168.2mm is narrower than a PC1500 without the side terminals at 171.7,

Since I am going for a snug fit, has anyone got a PC1700 together with a PC2150 in a standard box ?

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Richard

PS I have seen Mike Gemini's thread on rebuilding your box and would like to avoid that option if possible.

2 x PC1700 in my 110, both sat longways & securely strapped down with threaded rod & a alloy strap [homemade] on each attached to the battery box standard J bolt locations, a wooden block under the battery to help it sit level.

sorry don't have a photo, tight fit, I had to put the outer battery in first then slide the inner battery in.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems there are 4 or 5 types of PC1500, and the catalogue my local battery place (JE Clarke in Stroud, very helpful) has is completely different from the Odyssey website.

Two wrong PC1500's later I gave up on trying to get the right one, forked out another £30 for the bigger PC1700 which fits snugly but fine alongside a PC2150 in the unmodified battery box, around my VSR charging relay, isolation switch, winch switch, a small fuse box and a lot of wires, leaving a little space to spare for some tools.

I have fitted them in 'fore and aft' unlike Landy Andy's setup.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Richard