r380 short bellhousing??

martifers

Have also posted in wanted section. But wanted some series advice. I know these things are very hard to come by but was wondering if anyone had or new of one around. Last time i spoke to Ashcroft they didn't have one, admittely this was a while ago... The project as been on going for a number of years as other things seem to get in the way! :( Putting a 300 into a lightweight and don't want to extend the body work by quite as much as I am going to have to with the standard bellhousing. Has anyone gone through the pains of fitting a 300 in a lightlweight that would be able to advise or has anyone got any other ideas that don't include swapping it for a 200!? Although this may be the most sensible as the 300 is from a Defender with only 50k on the clock, worth a fair bob.... no, i'm not giving in yet!! lol HELP NEEDED :(

Cheers

Tom

Have also posted in wanted section. But wanted some series advice. I know these things are very hard to come by but was wondering if anyone had or new of one around. Last time i spoke to Ashcroft they didn't have one, admittely this was a while ago... The project as been on going for a number of years as other things seem to get in the way! :( Putting a 300 into a lightweight and don't want to extend the body work by quite as much as I am going to have to with the standard bellhousing. Has anyone gone through the pains of fitting a 300 in a lightlweight that would be able to advise or has anyone got any other ideas that don't include swapping it for a 200!? Although this may be the most sensible as the 300 is from a Defender with only 50k on the clock, worth a fair bob.... no, i'm not giving in yet!! lol HELP NEEDED :(

Cheers

Tom

Ashcroft have them in stock again, tho' not cheap:

Ashcroft short R380

They can also supply the parts required to convert a standard R380 to a short R380.

Or if its just the bellhousing you need:

Keith Gott

Hope that helps.

Cheers foggy, a great help. Have sent some requests to both so will see what I get back.

Try AW transmissions too, I just got them to build be a short bell R380, not fitted up yet, but was extremly happy with service and delivery time and it looks the part.

Try AW transmissions too, I just got them to build be a short bell R380, not fitted up yet, but was extremly happy with service and delivery time and it looks the part.

Cheers Maverik

They seem far more competitive than ashcroft on pricing and are rather more local. Have you heard good things about them? Recommendations? Would be interested see how yours goes when you do fit it.

Tom