running like a pig!

jimbobain

hi landy dudes,

my TD5 was running rough as hell, then it refused to start altogether, so I followed the procedure to clean the oil off the loom and from the ECU. After this she ran a bit better but I think a new Injector Loom is in order. I still think the fuel system is knackered somehow. I still can`t find anywhere that sells the damn Looms. Any ideas folks?

Lots on EBAY for around £30, part number is AMR6103, put that in Google or EBAY and you'll find lots available.

Mine was done around 80,000 miles ago, and the problem's not recurred.

If you suspect the fuel delivery, maybe a fuel filter change? The fuel pump which sits in the tank can also be a problem, mine failed at around 140000 miles. The Disco lost power (down to 55mph uphill) and was hard to start. Needed a new fuel pump. Was able to drive it to the garage to get ot fitted tho, so didn;t leave me stranded altogether. I did have a look about swapping the pump myself (boot carpet lifted, then through a hatch in the floor - gave up as I was short of time and went to local independant who did it next morning, no problem).