Clunk when taking up drive (only in 1st) LT77/LT230

Guys,

For a few months now i've had a clunk when taking up drive- but only when pulling away in first, and only if i have lifted off in gear beforehand.So if i coast with clutch in to a stop it doesnt happen. Presumably this means some part is rotating and becoming slack when i lift off...

I cannot replicate the clunk in any other gear.

I am having to lift the clutch slowly whilst idling stationary to get over the clunk gently before i actually pull away.

Any ideas?

I was thinking mainshaft wear or the input gear to tbox but surely that would affect all gears :blink: ?

Yours, confused, Jamie.

Could be. Put it in gear, engine off and handbrake off, and get somebody to rock it backwards and forwards against the transmission, you can get up a good "bounce" doing this and if you crawl underneath you may be able to identify where it is coming from. It could also be something like a slightly loose suspension bolt, which is moving under load. Check the propshaft nuts as well, I had something similar and I found it to be the interesting disease affecting the factory around 2006 whereby they didn't do up the transfer box end on the front propshaft all that tightly and it was actually moving under the nuts :blink: once tight it was much better!