Heater hoses

rocky

Hi, unfortunately I've got a split heater hose, it is the one which connects to the head at the rear of the engine, not the one that connects the the metal pipe that goes along the cylinder head. Could someone kindly tell me if it is the inlet or outlet hose. Regards, rocky.

Not sure mate, the exact same hose went on mine not long ago, just replaced it. Why do you need to know? If you need to bodge a repair till you have a replacement, heres what I did.

Got 2 jubilee clips, first wrapped lots of layers of cling film and 3" electrical tape around the split as tight as humanly possible, about 5 layers, then jubilee clip the repair at each end very very tightly and wait for the replacement to arrive.

If you look up diagram of a disco coolant system on the internet you'll see which way everything flows or if you download the RAVE manual which I THINK has it.

Sorry if thats no help!

Hi, unfortunately I've got a split heater hose, it is the one which connects to the head at the rear of the engine, not the one that connects the the metal pipe that goes along the cylinder head. Could someone kindly tell me if it is the inlet or outlet hose. Regards, rocky.

On a 300tdi the coolant flows out of the head at the top rear to the inlet of the heater, so I suppose it's a heater inlet pipe.

Don't know which way round it is on a 2ootdi.