Battery

Amp-hours or Ah isn't what dictates the ability to start an engine, you should compare CA (cranking Amps), CCA (cold cranking Amps) or MCA (marine cranking Amps).

That said, Ah and CCA are likely to increase/decrease together as you go up/down in battery size.

Thanks,also I whanted to ask what is the differnce between such batery like Optima ind standart batery.It last longer ?

Optima/Odyssey & other makes are dry batteries in that there is no fluid inside them like a normal lead acid battery, instead the acid is in a glassfibre or similar mat/lattice but still works in the same way, reckoned to be more tolerante to vibration/rough handling & last longer, they are also avalbale as deep cycle [for winch use] or leisure batts [in vehicle fridges], they don't need topping up like fluid filled batts.

the optima etc being a gel cell battery can operate upside down !! i.e. it isn`t sensitive to position of operation or mounting. They are definitely less sensitive to vibration and produce phenomenal CCA ability. My old red top optima which survived over 10 years use was the best battery I ever had and produced a claimed 850 CCA and I believe it !!

FWIW when i baught my 90 it had a Bosch "Silver" 60AH battery fitted, and it started the TDi just fine.

Batterys now sat in the shed (and has been for over 2 years now), and still seems in good health, i had used it on the Disco for a few weeks at the tail end of '09 and it was happy on there, even after having sat for so long.

Consider the more recent AGM types of starter batteries.

AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mat, meaning there are glass fiber mats sandwiched in between the metal plates. The acid is absorbed in the glassfiber mats so it will not spill out in case the case cracks in a crash or roll-over, and you hcan have the battery sit at an angle with no worry.

I've had one in my 90 for a couple of months now. A Varta G14. So far it has been super good at being re-charged quickly and holding a charge even after a week of standing at -15 degree celcius.

They are not the cheapest though.

FWIW when i baught my 90 it had a Bosch "Silver" 60AH battery fitted, and it started the TDi just fine.

Batterys now sat in the shed (and has been for over 2 years now), and still seems in good health, i had used it on the Disco for a few weeks at the tail end of '09 and it was happy on there, even after having sat for so long.

I was actualy thinking about BOSCH.