200tdi cooling system

hi help need`d can anyone help me my defender runs up too about half way on temp gauge and i`ve got a small amount of heat from heater,when i put hands on pipes there all warm apart from the bottom hose which always seam stone cold? is this normal????.

or can anyone help with a bleeding process

Didn`t you just converted from TD to TDI? I had the same problem after the conversion.

Did you use the TDi sender (in the engine) and the TD gauge (the original one in the car)? If so, you need to either swap the sender back to the old one off the TD or find a TDi gauge (or buy a guge kit with real numbers on). There have been loads of threads on here about this.

hi help need`d can anyone help me my defender runs up too about half way on temp gauge and i`ve got a small amount of heat from heater,when i put hands on pipes there all warm apart from the bottom hose which always seam stone cold? is this normal????.

or can anyone help with a bleeding process

The bottom hose stays cold until the thermostat opens, it will take an absolute age to get hot in this weather. It might be worth checking that the thermostat is not stuck open, this would cause the cold heater symptoms you have.

In my experience they rarely need bleeding but to do it you need to make sure the header tank is topped right up and take one the heater hoses off. You should get water out of the heater hose/heater. It's probably worth checking both heater hoses actually. It may also be necessary to rev the engine with the heater hose off.

HTH,

Mark.