What size 3 phase cable?

steve b

As above , any 440v 3 phase sparks on here to advise?

The max supply at the end of the run would be 30a 3 phase 440v to run a mig or various smaller loads - 4 post ramp / drill etc. The length of the run is approx 50m, would be less -maybe35m - if I went straight from dist. board to point of use but not so tidy..

I've googled load calculators and come up with 14awg wire...what do you think?

..oh yeah it would be 3ph + neutral armoured

thanks

Steveb ...the LandRover content will be my 109 when its all installed :) , for a start anyway ;)

Don't forget to take into account how and where the cable is run. Placing it in a conduit or burying it in the ground or covering it in an insulating material will all reduce the heat disipation compared to surface fixed and so the cable may need to be increased in size accordingly. Also the type of cable; singles in a large trunking through to armoured cable in a bundle of others may also affect heat dissipation too.

Generic 40A (I know you only wanted 30A but better to have a bit spare if your going to all that effort) to a sub main DB with 90 degree SWA cable clipped direct to wall

Earthing type would depend on your property etc etc

Disclaimer - Part P Building Regs would apply if its on your house not applicable to industrial sites

40A Shed Supply.pdf

Thanks for that pdf Les, just the job. I had already over estimated the amps but another 10 wouldn't go amiss :) . The installation is industrial and will be clipped to wood roofing timbers and brick wall.

Now the painful bit , trying to get a good deal on the cable........ :blink:

cheers

Steveb