Hampshire lane problem

simon_s

Was out on a walk today and went along BOAT 66, which runs from grid ref 475502 to 133279. Link to multimap here. This lane is a short sunken lane that runs between 2 minor roads, not that exciting normally.

At the moment though it is in a pretty bad way at the southern end, where the red circle is on the map. There is around 2-4 ft of water filling it in places, hiding ruts, holes and tree stumps. It's also extremely cut up all the way along, and has obviously seen some heavy use over the winter.. :(

I know this sounds like potential fun, but this is normally a dry-ish lane which I think has had a lot of run off from the surrounding orchards after the snow which has then hung around and not soaked away. I have been using it for 15 years and was shocked to see the state it's in!

I would suggest that anyone who is out in North Hampshire give this one a miss, it's in a real bad way and needs some repair work!

Just a heads up for those that might be interested.

Thanks. Know it well. Last time I walked it (18months) it was blocked at north end by a huge tree stump. Has that gone?

It also looked like the locals in the posh barn conversions at the southern end were trying to block it with logs - perhaps the developer forget to tell them about the BOAT at the end of their garden! :lol::lol: