300 tdi still got problems.......

craig

i have a 300 tdi disco that struggles to start and wont rev properly, i have checked all fuel pipes, cleaned trap under chasis, changed all filters, its got good fuel , changed lift pump..........

im starting to think this is a timing issue? gonna start to strip the belt off but wondering if anyone else has had this and what it was????

really doing my head in now!!!

Check youre timing,check youre cylinder compressions, check for leaky pipes, if not then posibly the injector pump, had similar problem with mine, striped pump, head had got so much crud around it supprised any fuel was getting through!

does it smoke heavily untill on boost?

my 200 had this problem with excessive smoke, v slow to pick up untill on boost.

was the timing, as the bottom pulley had distroyed the woodruff key.

not sure whats with a 300 but if the cam belt needs doing anyway, then worth a look

If the cam belt is one tooth out on the crank pinion either way the engine will not start at all. If the camshaft pulley is out you will lose power - I know as the main dealer did this to me. Since then I change my own belts as I have the crank holding tool.

The slow to accelerate could be the lift pump a blocked filter or air leaking into the system somehow. But I think you have covered all those problems. I had one disco with a few problems and I lent him my spare set of injectors and it did turn out to be that. But it's expensive to change them on the off chance.

It could (unfortunately) be your pump itself. Also expensive to recondition on the off chance.

If yours is an 'electronic' engine as used in late model automatics it sounds pretty normal. They are often just about impossible to start.