Just purchased a 88" hybrid

I.O.M

Hi, I have brought a 88"series hybrid. Chopped Rang Rover chassis with a defender 300tdi front end including engine, gear box and axles. 1977 series screen, truck cab and rear tub. My problem is with the vehicle i am a bit short on leg room. I would like to modify the tub bulk head so i can have the seats further back. Has anyone done this or can i remove the bulk head all together because i am going to put a canvas roof on it.

Regards

Isle of Man

post-10938-126917832736_thumb.jpg

I would like to modify the tub bulk head so i can have the seats further back. Has anyone done this or can i remove the bulk head all together because i am going to put a canvas roof on it.

Regards

Isle of Man

Linky - other simliar looking products are available at a range of qualities and prices, and then

Linky two

:D

Thanks for the link's, very interesting. Is it possible to remove the bulk head completely and fab some sort of tube to replace the bulk head? I take it that the purpose of the bulk head is to support the side's of the tub.

Cheers

ooooh bait!

wait for it..............................

iva,sva,ivf,asbo,pcp, police on routelaugh.gif

No M.O.T on the Isle of Man, vehicles purchased in the UK require a I.O.M test if they are older than 3 years (witch my Land Rover Passed) and after that they do not require any M.O.T for the rest of it's life. Tax on my Land Rover is £5.00 a year because it registered as a 1977 and my insurance is £85 fully comp. Sorry but none of that UK red tape applies over here, but I am sure your roads are in better shape than ours.

I.O.M

No M.O.T on the Isle of Man, vehicles purchased in the UK require a I.O.M test if they are older than 3 years (witch my Land Rover Passed) and after that they do not require any M.O.T for the rest of it's life. Tax on my Land Rover is £5.00 a year because it registered as a 1977 and my insurance is £85 fully comp. Sorry but none of that UK red tape applies over here, but I am sure your roads are in better shape than ours.

I.O.M

rofl.gif what a system! QUALITY!! and as for the roads...........

as for your original question with some careful trimming you can remove enough of the bulkhead to allow more room up front.

rofl.gif what a system! QUALITY!! and as for the roads...........

as for your original question with some careful trimming you can remove enough of the bulkhead to allow more room up front.

Cheers Mate.

Regards

I.O.M