Darwin

reads90

Well we are in Darwin and after a quick service on the 90. I found that after 15,000 miles with the trailer on (which weighs 1.5 ton). The rear front radius arm bushes are worn. Not surprising really. So off for the search for new ones.

Well in Darwin Not a bloody hope. The dealership is in a Mitishbushy dealer and don't have any spare parts . Don't even think they will have an oil filter :lol: . mmm well i would laugh but it was not funny.

All the other places just laugh at you when you mention parts for a Land Rover

In the end of searching i found a set. They were from the Australian Army. Who have a big base up here and of course use 110, and mixtures of.

Thank god land rover are lazy and use the same parts across there ranges :P

Used to live in Darwin myself (Rapid Creek). Was working for the NT Police for about a year. If you need LR Parts a company called (I think) Rangie Spares in Adelaide are much better than the local dealers. I ordered a new wing mirror for my Discovery and, after a 3 week wait, I cancelled it and orderd it from Rangie Spares and it arrived the next day! If you are there for any amount of time contact the Top End 4WD club. One of the members knows the guy who used to be the workshop foreman at the LR Dealer. He is a really good mechanic and doesn't charge the earth. If you get a chance pay a visit to Douglas Daily. We used to got there quite a few times. It's a great campsite and they do food.

Cheers

Ivan

Isn't there a fix involving kangaroo's intestines or something??? I don't think much of your outback-improvisation! :P

You off to Kakadu? I like it there. Should be dry enough to get to most places by now.

Al.

Isn't there a fix involving kangaroo's intestines or something??? I don't think much of your outback-improvisation! :P

You off to Kakadu? I like it there. Should be dry enough to get to most places by now.

Al.

Yeah we are off to Kakadu tomorrow. Of to Litchfeild National Park today and then start Kakadu tomorrow. The season is very late here and therefore the Arnam Highway has been closed untill today. So we thought we were going to miss it but . But gladly we are not now

To show you how late the rains are we got stuck at Kunanura for 3 days becuse the water was 10 METRES above the road

Yeah we are off to Kakadu tomorrow. Of to Litchfeild National Park today and then start Kakadu tomorrow. The season is very late here and therefore the Arnam Highway has been closed untill today. So we thought we were going to miss it but . But gladly we are not now

To show you how late the rains are we got stuck at Kunanura for 3 days becuse the water was 10 METRES above the road

eeck, that's a lot of water! 10 Metres deep ???

It seems late for spring over here in blighty, I'm sure that the tree's should have been a lot greener than what they were in the middle of April :unsure: