LPG isn't switching over

DC_

So went to fill up with LPG today. Drove off and pressed the button to switch over from petrol. It never clicked over and the little Amber light was flashing. It's a single point system with whatlooks like 3 solenoids on it. One on the vapouriser. One in the front corner of the engine bay and one on the tank. It usually switches over when I give it a slight rev and can hear the solenoid click.

The flashing Amber light usually stops flashing and is solid along with the 4 green lights indicating how much fuel I got.

If I hold in the button, the flashing Amber stays on solid but makes no difference.

MOT next weekend :(

Thoughts guys??

The flashing amber light is linked to the RPM signal (I'm assuming Tartarini system from the description). It essentially means that the LPG system is preparing to change over and is waiting for the RPM signal before it does so.

If it's (as per your sig) fitted to a 3.9 then it will take it's RPM signal from the coil so the starting point wuuld be to check the wiring in the vicinity of the coil for any obvious loose connections.

If it's a Tec '97 you can (or used to be able to) get an app and cable from Autogas 2000 that allows you to plug into the ECU and see what's happening/configure it.

The flashing amber light is linked to the RPM signal (I'm assuming Tartarini system from the description). It essentially means that the LPG system is preparing to change over and is waiting for the RPM signal before it does so.

If it's (as per your sig) fitted to a 3.9 then it will take it's RPM signal from the coil so the starting point wuuld be to check the wiring in the vicinity of the coil for any obvious loose connections.

If it's a Tec '97 you can (or used to be able to) get an app and cable from Autogas 2000 that allows you to plug into the ECU and see what's happening/configure it.

Give that man a cigar !!

Brown wire looked connected but when touched it broke off in my hand. The coil was on it's way out too as it turns out. When I reconnected the wire with new ring connector and started to tighten the nut to the coil terminal, the terminal broke in two and liquid leaked out. So the coil has had it.

After ringing many landy friends I managed to source a Bosch one from a disco 1 v8 which was in a breakers yard by luck :)

thanks for the help :)