R380 conversion

I have a shiney new Short bell house R380 all ready to go in my truck, now I read somewhere that the transferbox diff lock mechanism would fit off my LT77 and that is quite correct. Now I've got the parts manual open in front of me and I haven't a scooby which new linkages I need, anyone got any pointers?

cheers

I've actually got a new transfer box too, but thats not the problem, the problem is the diff lock linkage, pivots on a brackets that is bolted to the gearbox houseing, its an old early model LT77, pic to follow.

On the R380 I have it doesn't have the holes for the bracket.

This is what is on the LT77 at the moment, so do I have to get all the linkage parts that you've included in the diagram? can I use the lever mechanism (the actual selecter plate etc, that I have presently?

post-20087-127099661933_thumb.jpg

and whats on the new box.

post-20087-127099669738_thumb.jpg

cheers

Fairly sure most of the linkage will swap across, but you'll need item 6 on the parts diagram,the straight bar to get the centre diff selector & operating lever to connect up. if my camera wasn't dead, I'd lift my gearbox tunnel & post a photo.

this photo shows the top end of the difflock linkage with the straight link bar fitted.

post-20-127099776563_thumb.jpg