exhaust installation

Hey guys. I have started to install a new complete exhaust system to my 90. I have fitted the down pipe and then the mid pipe. between the 2 I have put an olive connection. But when it comes to fitting the mid silencer and back box, am I supposed to put the olive rings between these connections or not, only the connection between the mid silencer/mid pipe and mid silencer/back box, dont seem to go together.

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

1st joint (downpipe to first section) is sealing ring. Next joint should be 3 nut/bolt flange, and the pipe ends should be shaped to fit (use a small amount of Fire Gum though).

Les.

Cheers I obviously have the wrong piece as all the joins are the sane so I'm gonna go and get the right one today and finally get it finished

I fitted a new exhaust system to my 200Tdi. Was horrid getting everything to line up. Bought it from Padocks. Very cheap though but still was a B*tch to install. Needed a lot of pulling and grunting lol. One tip change the rubber mounts. Padocks don't do them though. I got mine on ebay. Makes the 200Tdi very quiet and smooth.

I fitted a new exhaust system to my 200Tdi. Was horrid getting everything to line up. Bought it from Padocks. Very cheap though but still was a B*tch to install. Needed a lot of pulling and grunting lol. One tip change the rubber mounts. Padocks don't do them though. I got mine on ebay. Makes the 200Tdi very quiet and smooth.

Must have been a 541tpart one. Sounds just like the experience I had fitting one of their 3.9 RRC systems. I even had to break out the grinder and welder to make it fit :angry: