steering noise

which cv is the most likely candicate?

No way to tell easily, I suppose if you jacked each wheel up seperately and turned it by hand on full lock you might hear a difference.

should i just do both and whatll the parts be do ya think?

The parts'll be new :P . About £35 each side?

and can i do it meself?

Yes.

AND is there a step by step available?

There isn't an obvious one in the technical archive, but there are links to the workshop manuals and a search never hurts.

AND thanx :lol:

My pleasure.

CVs generally make a clicking noise on full lock when they're on the way out. Could be the tyres rubbing on the radius arms as suggested above. Mine does both :P

If you do need to change the CV(s) then it's a nuts and bolts job really, the wheel, hub and stub axle need to come off, so a good socket set with spanners etc. will be required as well as some others such as a hammer and the like.

Have a look at this thread. It isn't specifically what you (might) need to do but it does cover what's required to do so (and more). Also will give you an understanding of how it's all built down there.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=5601

what tools will i need for this job? and does it come all fitted together or in a box with a dozen seperate parts?

i cant find this job im my haynes manual either? ive got the 1983 to 95 (upto n reg version)?

Some or all of your questions answered - pdf page 50 onwards.

(from the link in our Technical Archive)

I think it will probably come in bits ...