ATTENTION: Halfords Pro Tools

My Gedore 1/2 drive A/F & metric set is now best part of 40 years old. I bought it through the tool club as an apprentice and have only managed to crack the 19mm socket with a very long bar. The replacement, bought about 3 yrs ago was identical and not too expensive I recall.

I also have a Kamasa 3/8 & 1/4 drive set that must be 20+ yrs old that has given good service, only replacement is a Teng 3/8 ratchet as the Kamasa one got very sloppy.

Have bought some Halford combination spanners as replacements a couple of years ago, and they seemed ok - best get down there and se if they have any of the old quality stuff left!

The trouble with 20 year old stuff is it's very hard to come by these days! They don't make 'em like they used to.

I have a Kamasa 1/2" set that must be at least that old, no ergonomic handles or anything like that, and much easier to fit a big bit of pipe over.

It also lives in a tin box that is still intact, unlike the plastic case my 15 year old Halfords set lives in.

The trouble with 20 year old stuff is it's very hard to come by these days! They don't make 'em like they used to.

I have a Kamasa 1/2" set that must be at least that old, no ergonomic handles or anything like that, and much easier to fit a big bit of pipe over.

It also lives in a tin box that is still intact, unlike the plastic case my 15 year old Halfords set lives in.

Thats what surprised me about the replacement socket, now it's got some oil and muck in the knurled part you wouldn't know it was a later addition....

I've got my Kamasa green box, complete with the black plastic tray, too!

Can't be using them enough ;)