clutch pedal removal

I am in the middle of changing the clutch master cylinder. The reason for this was that the pedal was not returning. As it turns out the fault is not the cylinder but the pedal itself seizing up on its shaft. How do i remove the shaft to get the pedal out so i can clean it and grease it back up? I have removed the box, and cylinder but im just a little stuck as to how to remove the pedal.

Thanks Jason

Whilst you have the pedal out it might be worthwhile changing the over-centre spring. It might save you having to remove the pedal again a few weeks later - this is something I had to do a few weeks after changing the master cylinder for the first time! <_<

Steve

I have the earlier pedal box. I could not get the pedal off as i could not get the securing pin to come out. I managed to free the pedal up with lots of wiggling and wd40. It is now nice and loose and i have fitted a new master cylinder and put the whole assembly back in.

I now have a good clutch pedal that returns as it should and doesnt stay stuck to the floor anymore.

Thanks Jason