200tdi front light

papasmurf

That is not original equipment so it must have been either a bodge or an aftermarket upgrade - does the grille look like it has been cut or is it moulded around the lights? If it was an upgrade it is probably long long out of production with the 200Tdi having stopped 16 years ago.

That is not original equipment so it must have been either a bodge or an aftermarket upgrade - does the grille look like it has been cut or is it moulded around the lights? If it was an upgrade it is probably long long out of production with the 200Tdi having stopped 16 years ago.

its moulded round the lights somebody did say they did them on police discos but in blue I have also just been told Bearmach did them but not any more :( so it looks like my only chance of getting one is to fined a second hand one but as nobody seems to know anything about them I dont hold much hope

Rob

I think they where aftermarket as I have seen a few of them around and know someone who runs one on the front of his 200tdi.

Does the whole unit need replacing or is it just the bulb/wiring that can be replaced without replacing the whole unit.

Failing that I think it may be a matter of taking the dimensions and going on an internet search to find one that will fit or fit with as little modification as possible.

Best Wishes

Ryck

I think they where aftermarket as I have seen a few of them around and know someone who runs one on the front of his 200tdi.

Does the whole unit need replacing or is it just the bulb/wiring that can be replaced without replacing the whole unit.

Failing that I think it may be a matter of taking the dimensions and going on an internet search to find one that will fit or fit with as little modification as possible.

Best Wishes

Ryck

If you look at the drivers side you can see a hole in the glass so I think Im going to need a full unit :( I will keep looking at if I dont fined one I think I will just fit a new grill and some other spot lights

Rob

i prefer round on the bumper, square on a light bar above the screen but it's each to their own, whatever you prefer the look of. can't beat a big pair on the front, 8" is a good size.

my old 200 tdi round 8" on front square on bar above screen

3556990030_73b9bfcc94.jpg

my current 300 tdi again round 8" on front with a couple of small round ones on roof rack so you can see both ideas

4631920810_25929300cb.jpg

Personnally I prefer round spot lights. However I doubt you will be able to fit them onto the bumper due to the depth of the unit, or at least my 8 inch Wipacs didnt fit. Instead I got an abar made up by Guardian 4x4 to the right height for a discovery as defender ones are to tall, the other option is a light bar but in my opinion these look a bit weedy.

IMAGE_025.jpg

the ones on the front of my 300 are wipacs too but they do fit on the bumper however it is very tight to get to the bolts underneath so a bar is a good idea,

axlechorus i notice you have no grilles on yours either, have you lost them or just removed them as 1 of mine fell off and i'm looking for another, if you have 1 spare would you be willing to sell it?

@ Gripper - Yeah I took them off at that time because your right I did loose one on its maiden run to the off license lol I got a spare one from M&M 4x4 for about £10 from memory and I now have then attached with a large tie wrap at the top to make sure I dont loose another one. Bit unsightly but better than loosing another one.

Hope this helps

Ryck