Immobiliser issues

Bigant

Hi

Further to the problems we have had with the remote central locking on our Discovery 1, we finally got into it and to avoid further issues we left it open.

We did not know that in doing this the immobiliser would automatically kick in to prevent it being nicked. Now we have a Discovery that we can get into but it will not start.

Any idea's sugestions etc greatly appreciated.

(We have already changed the battery in the key fob, twice in fact!)

Cheers

Bigant

the white/red wire from the ignition switch is the start position, tap a wire into this and run it to the starter solonoid, then find a switched positive wire and tap into it to run it to the stop solenoid on the fuel injector pump.

that will bypass both functions of the immobiliser, that's what i have done on mine and it all works fine.

my 96 disco will only start within 10 seconds of presing the electronic key fob. my wife once oppend the car with the key and it took me ages to figger out why it woudent start.

Hi All

Thanks for the advice, finally got her going this morning here's how in case anyone runs into the same problem;

Remove battery from fob

Press either button for minimum of 5 seconds to clear fob (Hold onto the internals when pushing the buttons)

Replace battery

Unlock door with the key

Lock and unlock the vehicle using key fob a minimum of 4 times.

This resets the system and saves you pulling anymore hair out!!

Thanks again.

Cheers

Bigant