Insurance renewal

mudmagnet

had to renew my insurance for a 300tdi disco with 2"lift /snorkel /winch /winch bumper/rock sliders/ HD rear bumper and a few other mods

after a look about i found a company called Frank Pickles which only insures modified 4x4's and my quote for fully comp and all mods declared was only £119

so i am well chuffed

How can they insure modified ones fro so much less than the standard model? Are they heavily limited mileages or something? It doesnt make sense :huh:

apparantly claims from people with modified cars are few and the amount claimed is usually much less and we dont claim if we scratch the car

thats what the guy at Frank Pickles told me

Another happy Frank Pickles customer here!

I just had to increase my mileage limit (as due to the snow,I used the 110 more than I originally planned)

They were happy to increase the mileage and it only cost around £30 for an additional 2000 miles.

Also, they are a nice company to deal with, very friendly, very polite and in my experience, they ring you back when they say they will.

How can they insure modified ones fro so much less than the standard model? Are they heavily limited mileages or something? It doesnt make sense :huh:

Maybe the above folk are just really old :lol: or live in extremely low risk areas...

Our renewal on the A4 got all silly this year. Last year the missus paid £650 with Bell. Shes 23, now has 4 years ncb, works as a vet with business use on the policy. Renewal this year was £1400 :o

A bit of shopping around and we got it down to £620 with SwiftCover.

Same as me then. BMW 5 series estate, work as a vet with business use on my car and Swiftcover were by far the best. just under 400 for a 2.8 litre car (i am 8 yrs older with more ncb hence it being slighty cheaper i suppose)