td5 miss fire

has anybody any ideas,my td5 2002 ,was towing horse trailer,when it seemed to miss and temp needle shot up to red loss of power but when you backed of the revs a bit went back to normal but put it back under load it kept doing it again, but no sign of over heating,cheers dave :blink:

Might be oil in the loom (red plug into ECU under driver's seat) causing a misfire.

Did the gauge go up instantly or creep up? If instantly, could be a poor earth (most likely white connector which screws onto a terminal inside the engine bay, directly in front of instrument panel.)

Might be oil in the loom (red plug into ECU under driver's seat) causing a misfire.

Did the gauge go up instantly or creep up? If instantly, could be a poor earth (most likely white connector which screws onto a terminal inside the engine bay, directly in front of instrument panel.)

the needle shot fast and loss of power but when i backed of the revs went back to normal,got of the moterway and at about 40 mph it seemed normal,cheers dave

it could be your water pump. mine temp went up instantly to the red and then when to the blue after. cos the system didn't have any coolant at the point of the coolant sensor.

after letting it sit for awhile, all's back to normal. but if it keeps doing it, there is a PROBLEM. fix it before some worse happens.