Shakey Vibrations!

Recently my 90 has decided that at around 40 mph its going to violently shake and dissapears around 50/55 mph which is a bit concerning! It seems to be intermittent. I have had the wheels rebalanced, driven with the front propshaft removed (propshafts are fairly new and uj's are in perect working order), wheel bearings (which are new) checked and locking nuts tightened to the correct torque.

The truck has a 3 inch lift,double carden front prop, wide angle rear prop, castor corrected radius arms, cranked trailing arms, new bushes all round and adjustable panhard rod. I have had this set up for a while now with no problems up until recently!

Im pretty stumped at what the cause is so before I give in and take it down to the local Land Rover garage and part with the beer tokens id be greatfull of any ideas? :blink:

Cheers Jason

Try checking the panhard rod bolts as this has caused me a problem in the past-all you need to do is get someone to move the steering wheel to the left and right(ie steering it-but stationary) whilst you are lying underneath it looking at the panhard rod bolts,It will be pretty obvious if they're loose

mine looked tight but were loose and I had the same problems as you describe too

HTH

John

Jason

i strongly urge you to try another set of wheeels and tyres you know to be balanced - we have just had exactly the same problem here in South Africa. we changed bushes, shocks etc and it turned out to be balancing which we had already checked. It is probably something very simple. bloody frustrating though.

Gary

Try checking the panhard rod bolts as this has caused me a problem in the past-all you need to do is get someone to move the steering wheel to the left and right(ie steering it-but stationary) whilst you are lying underneath it looking at the panhard rod bolts,It will be pretty obvious if they're loose

mine looked tight but were loose and I had the same problems as you describe too

HTH

John

Checked the bolts and the axle end bolt was loose, this seems to have got rid of the vibrations.

Thanks for the advice

Jason