Engine mounts

Right i know what your all thinking straight away!

In the "standard position" they overlap.

However my 90 is currently in need of a new galv chassis and my 200 (disco engine) is currently not running as sweetly as I want. I have been contemplating putting in a 300 but dont want to shell out for it at the moment.

What i was wondering was will the engine mounts overlap if both engines were mounted to an LT77? (i.e the 300 sits alot further back in the 200 position)

and if they dont overlap will the engine mounts on the chassis get in the way of anything? like exhaust etc? (thinking exhaust may be a problem) I currently have a steve parker down pipe on the disco 200.

obviously if they dont then this would allow me to get a galv chassis with both mounts on and then allow me to put a 300 in at a later date!

Thanks in advance

James

Chris that sounds like a good idea to me makes alot of sense

IIRC the 300Tdi block has the threaded bolt holes to accept the 200Tdi engine block brackets, if the holes are not drilled or threaded there's another job to add to your conversion list.

western do you mean that if the 300 is attached to the LT77 then you can use the mounts that are bolted to the 200 engine on the 300 engine to mount onto the engine chassis mounts for a 200? if that makes sense.......

if that is possible why do people bother changing to 300 style mounts when they do this conversion?

also are there any differences between the 300 defender and discos? I know about the EDC on the later 300's

cheers

Chris that sounds like a good idea to me makes alot of sense

western do you mean that if the 300 is attached to the LT77 then you can use the mounts that are bolted to the 200 engine on the 300 engine to mount onto the engine chassis mounts for a 200? if that makes sense.......

if that is possible why do people bother changing to 300 style mounts when they do this conversion?

also are there any differences between the 300 defender and discos? I know about the EDC on the later 300's

cheers

this link should explain better 300tdi to a LT77 gearbox for a older 90 or 110