EGR Blanking Plate for TD5

Full of questions, here, sorry...! I guess this is what a forum is for (otherwise I end up clogging up a shooting forum I'm on with Landy questions, which doesn't go down too well over time!)

I bought a blanking plate a while back, which I thought would suffice. However I really am not that much of a mechanic and I thought it would do. However, I've noticed that you do need to extend a pipe, to blank the EGR, but I can't see how this will work.

Is it not just possible to put the single blanking plate in and it'll stop the exhaust fumes going in? :unsure:

Billy,

To do the job properly you need a complete kit like this.

SteveG fitted one to his TD5 90 and it comes with ALL the bits to do the job properly.

HTH

Mo

Yeah.. I thought I'd be clever and just get a blanking plate... :huh:

Is there no way of just putting the blank into use for now and then doing a proper job at a later date?

To fit just the blanking plate you'd need to disable the EGR itself - otherwise it'll open and suck in unfiltered air from the loose end.

Can't remember what year your Landy is - you either need to just buy a straight through replacement EGR pipe (with gasket) - or that and two more blanking plates.

Be prepared to replace the allen bolts on the exhaust manifold and be very careful taking them out. My advice would be soak them in plus gas (you can get at the threads from the back is they fit in a straight through hole) and ensure you have a very good fitting allen bit when you take them out.

How you blank off the solenoid vacuum will depend on what year your Td5 is - as per above.

To fit just the blanking plate you'd need to disable the EGR itself - otherwise it'll open and suck in unfiltered air from the loose end.

Emm, this is the presurised side isn't it? In which case it'll blow lots of air out. Come to think of it, how does this work during normal operation? EGR only opens under low boost?