Knocking noise when I turn right

mrleck

Where from?

If it is from the back, check the condituon of the mounting for the front of the rear diff.

Hi,

The Noise appears to come from the front passenger side. Doesn't occur all the time, so it's very intermittent. Also, intermittently, there's a shuddering when driving which I think may be the same issue.

I'm very new to this so could you explain where the diff is and what I should be looking for.

Cheers

Paul

Sounds typical of a CV joint in the front driveshaft, not an awful job nor a massively expensive part.

Just checked - genuine ones are £eeek but pattern ones are available for less, this is something like what you need although you'll need to check years/chassis numbers:

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=173231

TDB103520.jpg

Since you're new to all this I'll point out that Britpart parts are universally avoided round here as they are russian roulette when it comes to quality.

Worth a look here too, although I'd be wary that "Quality aftermarket" isn't a euphemism for Britpart.

Sounds typical of a CV joint in the front driveshaft, not an awful job nor a massively expensive part.

Just checked - genuine ones are £eeek but pattern ones are available for less, this is something like what you need although you'll need to check years/chassis numbers:

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?xProd=173231

TDB103520.jpg

Since you're new to all this I'll point out that Britpart parts are universally avoided round here as they are russian roulette when it comes to quality.

Worth a look here too, although I'd be wary that "Quality aftermarket" isn't a euphemism for Britpart.

Are there any instructions on how to remove/fit these on this forum?

Are there any instructions on how to remove/fit these on this forum?

Hang on

a clicking is the CV only on full lock, a knock when you go over bumps on the road is the wish bone ball joint which is a much easyer job and very very comon they all go.

Speed bumps speed up their wear

that just swap the arms over there about £80 ish off the top of my head..

Hang on

a clicking is the CV only on full lock, a knock when you go over bumps on the road is the wish bone ball joint which is a much easyer job and very very comon they all go.

Speed bumps speed up their wear

that just swap the arms over there about £80 ish off the top of my head..

Hi,

Are there any instructiosn on this site how I would chnage the wish bone ball joint?

Regards

Hi guys,

Ok. I took my freelander to my local garage and it turned out to be the following:-

New CV boot kit

Handbrake had siezed, new shoes, cables etc etc.

Thanks for all of your help.

By the way, does anyone have a digital display for sale for the dashboard. Scoured my local scrap yards and can't find one yet.

Cheers

Paul

Hi guys,

Ok. I took my freelander to my local garage and it turned out to be the following:-

New CV boot kit

Handbrake had siezed, new shoes, cables etc etc.

Thanks for all of your help.

By the way, does anyone have a digital display for sale for the dashboard. Scoured my local scrap yards and can't find one yet.

Cheers

Paul

Realy

there was a recall on the handbrake sounds like yours slipped through.

drop in to a freindly LR dealer (if you can find a freindly one) and ask then to look up on the system if all your cars recalls have been done, it may be too old but it may not.

do you mean the clock, they are hard to find but they are about. a frind of mine has a Range Rover brakers and he has a V6 freelander in call him he may have a clock, Martin 07885399785