The Clubman Challenge Challenge Round 3

Matt - i'm having issues with my work getting me to catch a flight at 3.30pm so far they won't change it, so i might come along for the morning only :( :( :(

G

Whaqt time do you have to leave site to catch your flight?

Whaqt time do you have to leave site to catch your flight?

About 3.30pm from manchester... i think the logistics woman has kinda fallen out with me so not being very helpful, cos i whinged at her for making me sit around for 10hours in schipol last week !

About 3.30pm from manchester... i think the logistics woman has kinda fallen out with me so not being very helpful, cos i whinged at her for making me sit around for 10hours in schipol last week !

so is that what time you have to be at the airport (knowing what sort of times you have to be there before flights nowadays)

what time would you want to leave site?

All go for Sunday following no serious issues from yesterdays LRS,

Just a rear brake pipe, rear rope, and some bruised ribs from laughing at our Thomas's attempt at tree climbing, looked more like he was trying to mate it than climb it. :blink: :blink:

But Mr Sales and myself didn't laugh at him or poke fun as you can imagine :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

then the Chuckle brothers from Stoke (Dan and Matt) managed to get lost on a minor road called the M6, no wonder they can't find punches, they couldn't even find Telford with Satnav :hysterical: :hysterical:

So it's already to go after it's wash today....

Can't wait.

Chris :P

CW12 3NL is for the Horseshoe Inn pub at the bottom of the bank leading up to the site, its about half a mile on tothe site from the pub.

Best way is of the A34 at Astbury village (A34 between Congleton and Kidsgrove) look for a BIG old church set back with a big spire, there's a triangle of grass with a big tree on it and a car sales place on the right hand corner with probably about 20 cars or so on it.

Turn up, go past the Church opposite the Egerton Arms pub and carry on for about half a mile, then you will see a right fork in the road (with a house in the middle), take the right fork and follow up over the Canal and then Railway bridge and turn right at the end (probably about 2 miles from the church),

Go on for about half a mile and then past the Horseshoe Inn on your right at a junction (fine farmers country pub this one, highly recommended) then you will start to climb a steep bank which narrows at the end, just when it opens out you will see a small road on the left go past it and the gate is 50 yards on the right, you will not be able to turn in if coming the opposite way. be warned.

Any problems ring me 07973 775045

See you there boys

Boothy :)

if anyone is coming in from the a50/tunstall/burslem end of the city i can meet up and take you to the site, just give me a ring and we can sort it out

Twiggy we didnt get lost, the satnav just got confused when we asked it to take us to a mid 40's bald headed man thats wearing glasses.

We got there in the end easily after we had our breakfast

See you at the weekend guys

Dan

well it was well worth the summer break to wait for todays event to kick off the buxton series again.

true to form the site was boggy as ever with most people struggling to get grip in the fields :o let alone the sections :blink:

me and matt had a cracking day and the truck performed amazingly all day to the point of we wanted it to break so we could go and get something to eat :lol::lol:

thank you to all involved in today event and a big thank you to all the marshals who yet again loved taking the mick out of the competitors and getting us into pickles with helpful suggestions :lol:

see you all at round 4

dan :D

Strange day from start to finish

Lost the brakes completely on the second punch, ended up un-hitching the trailer and driving home to get the power bleeder, which eventually gave me a bit of rear only brakes, lost about 2 hours.

Punch 3 rolled it, and oiled up a plug on re-start, but i'm used to 7, so carry on....

Punch 5 lost front nearside tyre of the rim when the Stuan popped, furthest possibly punch from the motor, and had to wich all the way out, thanks to Mr Belton for the tow up through the 1st field...

Back in and wey hey rolled it again.....then lost front Bowmotor 2 ..... never did rate it....gave up at that with only 30 minutes remaining

What a day....thorougly enjoyed it..thanks to Matt and the team...thanks to the excellent Marshalls..thanks to the Welsh boys for keeping the local hosterly's cash flow good for the month...hic.....

and well done to the Clay Heads.. Matt and Dan AKA the Chuckle Brothers.. its pity your to young to use your pint pot that you won....good on yer boys

Cracking day,

Started early with a broken front steering rod, it was a long walk back to the car park to get the replacement, many thanks to Jonathan and Alan (Car 9) for the loan of the club hammer to get the old joints out (Gutted you didn`t get your starter sorted).

Kev had his rugby boots on for this one and sailed up and down the banks efortlessly and couldn`t stand up when we came to few bits of rock.

Loved the sections nicely laid out and challenging with a nice mix of surfaces.

We plugged away all day without further incident and got a tidy result at the end.

Many thanks to the Marshalls and organisers for giving us an excellent days entertainment.

Roll on round 4.